1. It is important for me to look at your hair in its natural state. This will help me see the texture of your hair, if it is dry, oily, fine etc.
2. Speak up! When I ask you about your lifestyle, make sure you speak up and provide me with as much information as possible. It is important that you explain any medication you are taking, if you have any illnesses that affect your hair and if you are allergic to any hair treatments or products.
3. During your consultation, I may suggest a patch test. A patch test is only necessary for color treatments. A patch test is important to ensure your skin does not react with the brand of color I may use on you. A patch test needs to be carried out at least 24-48hrs before your color appointment.
4. Bring along pictures of hairstyles and colors that you like and dislike, this will give me an idea of the type of look you desire.
5. If I have concerns about the condition of your hair or recommend products that will improve your hair…take my advice! My main concern is the health of your hair! Cuts and or color look much better with healthy hair.
A proper consultation is an integral part of getting to know you, your wants and most importantly, your expectations. Call me during the day or text me anytime to set up a free one-on-one consultation.